250 – 300 Study Hours
Level 3 Difficulty
56 UCAS Points
AQA Awarding Body
All enrolments now will be for exams in Summer 2024 and beyond.
You will be required to complete the three standard written exams.
- 2 hours 30 minutes, 40% of marks
- 2 hours 30 minutes, 40% of marks
- 1 coursework task, 20% of marks
We provide a guaranteed exam space in one of our exam centres around the Country, to take away the hassle of needing to find your own.
During your course, you’ll be required to complete the following:
- 10 assignments
These do not contribute towards your final grade but provide you with an opportunity to submit work to your tutor for marking and feedback. This will help you to gauge your progress as you work through the course.
- Phonetics, phonology and prosodics
- Lexis and semantics
- Grammar, including morphology
- The textual range (various subjects, writers, audiences)
- Functions of the texts
- Identity and representations
- How audiences are addressed and positioned
- Structure and organisation of the texts
- Phonological, pragmatic, lexical, semantic and grammatical development
- The development of written language
- The functions of children’s language
- Theories and research about language development
- Language in its wider social, geographical and temporal contexts
- Processes of language change
- Social attitudes to language diversity and change
- Studying texts that convey attitudes to language diversity and change
- Methods of conveying views and opinions about language issues: representations, identities and positioning.
- Connecting to discourses about language
- The directed writing task
- Choosing an investigation focus
- Carrying out the investigation (including ethics, record keeping and referencing)
- Organising and analysing the data and interpretation of findings
- Concluding your investigation
- An overview of the assessment and marking criteria, including organising and referencing work
- Choosing your area of original writing (Power of persuasion, storytelling & power of information)
- Choosing and analysing style models
- Producing a reflective commentary
- Revision Tips
- Exam Techniques
- Preparing for Paper 1
- Preparing for Paper 2
- Awarding body: AQA
- Our course code: X903
- Qualification code: 7702
The AQA qualifications are internationally recognised and taught in 30 countries around the world, highly valued by employers and universities and enable young people to progress to the next stage of their lives. AQA qualifications suit a range of abilities and include GCSEs, IGCSEs and A-levels.
It is strongly recommended that you have studied English language to GCSE or equivalent level before starting this course.
Why Distance Learning?
If your Sixth Form doesn’t offer the courses you want – Study an A-Level through distance learning. You will sit the same exams and get the same A-Levels as you would in school, but are able to study at a time and place to suit you.
Plus, the results and transcript you’ll get will be exactly the same as if you’d studied in school, and your A Levels will be respected by colleges, universities and employers worldwide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tutors were very efficient and responsive. They gave me good advice and support whenever I needed it. Great format of documents and easy to follow tasks. Happy with my experience 🙂Shamim
They were quick and efficient with great customer service. The online resources and tools are best I’ve come across as, an educational professional within FE. I would recommend anyone who is wanting to up skill their career professional development. The pricing isn’t too expensive either for the amount of time for the course.Enya
I completed my first course and am already looking for what to do next. The support that I received throughout was amazing. Anything that I didn't fully understand was explained thoroughly and clearly. It was a very involved course and so beneficial. I am amazed at how much I was able to learn through a fully online course. Definitely recommend!Ellis
A well thought out course. A nice company to work with. Good customer services and good tutoring staff.Alex
I wanted to express my thanks to my tutor for the very helpful, supportive and constructive feedback provided for my assignments. It is very encouraging and makes studying a positive experience. Thank you also for the very quick response, which is great. It helps to keep motivated and feel valued as a learner. Thanks very much.Caroline
A-Level Classical Civilisation£745.00
A-Level English Language£745.00
A-Level Further Maths£745.00